Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Halloween party

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Remember this a few weeks ago? I don't much. This is the show I organized for my birthday. I was still a little jet lagged as I raced around the Empress decorating and setting up from the early morning to well into the show. I sat down to enjoy the bands for a moment and skulled a bottle of champagne Jake had given me. I must've dropped a xanax (the brick versions mind you) from my ever present prescription bottle as not long after I crawled down the lane behind the empress throwing up and collapsing onto the cool soothing paving stones. As I lay there I could heard the distand faint rumble of a storm cloud heading my way... I couldn't move. I was entranced by the rumbles getting louder and growing nearer and the increase in rain drop size and volume until the lightening cracked over my head and a torrent of sky water fell down over me. I can remember reaching out my arm for a peice of corragated iron and dragging it over my body as bext as I could to sheild myself. I could hear the muffled sound of a band playing inside and the chatter and laughter of folks who seemed to be pacing themselves better than I. Get up.. said the voice in my head. No...said my body. Not yet. I came too and staggered inside filthy - drenched and re joined the festivities. The place looked great and the music sounded fantastic and everyone was wonderful. I asked Gerald for some acid. Everyone vanished and I rode around on a bicycle looking for friends until I gave up and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment